If you like games, you should be playing Blacklight: Retribution
by, 05-08-2012 at 02:34 PM (309 Views)
Some of you may have caught my cast yesterday (Go an hour and ten minutes into this video to see it) but I was playing Blacklight Retribution.
First, it's free to play (F2P). You CAN pay for things like ammo, armor, etc but it is generally not needed. You can earn most items to rent for 1 day, 7 days or permanently thru in-game earned cash.
It's got some of the basics. Free for All, Team Death Match, Domination, Capture the Flag. But I feel that especially for a F2P shooter it stands out from the rest.
- The aesthetics and graphics are excellent.
- The weapons are cool and customizable with upgrades.
- Customization even with what you are carrying and wearing.
- Brutal headshots and I mean brutal (and awesome)
- There is a Node upgrade system where you earn Nodes in matches and put them on for special bonuses.
- In-match heavy weapons mechanics. Earn money in a match (separate from the upgrade money) and purchase heavy weapons, items and hardsuits.
- HARDSUITS! Hardsuits are awesome. Once you gain enough in-match money you can buy one of these at a HUB. Once in it you are a fortress. They do have weak spots and are killable, but a good team with 1 or 2 hardsuits can be beastly.
I suggest trying out the game. It's still in beta, though late beta and open. It's totally worth the download. If you're new, there are servers with the label "PROVING GROUNDS." Go there as they are level 1-10 and evenly matched for the most part.
Get the game here!