GameOn Community Rules
Hi! Here at GameOn we have rules in place to ensure that the community remains a fun and safe place for all ages to hang out. We are a friendly community. As such, we encourage all members, new and old, to operate in a respectful way.
Please read over the following community rules & guidelines. It is important that all forum members conduct themselves according to the following:
1. Offensive material:
All forum members are expected to conduct themselves in a civil and grown-up manner. That is not to say that you can't hang lose and have fun, it just means that offensive and abusive behaviour is not tolerated here.
• No personal attacks / bullying behaviour
Content posted with malicious or negative intent is strongly discouraged. Personal attacks and bullying behaviour are a no-no, period. Play nice and always consider other's feelings.
• No intolerance / bigotry
Things such as racism and sexism are, without question, against the community rules. We ask that members refrain from using racial slurs, such as the ‘N’ word, no matter the context. Use your head before posting.
• No pornography or full frontal nudity
We have a strict policy against pictures of nudity on the forum. This means no boobs and no genitals. Semi-nude images (with naughty bits covered up) are acceptable, but only in the NSFW forum section.
• No sexually explicit content/media
By the same token of the no-nudity rule, we also discourage other sexually explicit content, such as overly explicit/descriptive text of that nature. We are a community consisting of all ages, so let's keep things on a respectable level.
• No harassment via PM or otherwise
If you have an issue with another community member, either resolve it peacefully or ignore that person. GameOn WILL NOT put up with any type of harassment. Likewise, witch-hunts are not acceptable here at GameOn.
Remember, there is a fine line between humour and insult, so try to use your best judgment when cracking a joke or poking fun at somebody. Bear in mind, it is very difficult to read sarcasm on the internet - It can often be construed as nastiness.
2. Illegal material:
We ask that all forum members refrain from posting anything that may be considered illegal material. This is to ensure that the forum falls well within the law.
• No links to illegal material
• No advertising of illegal material
• No requests for anything deemed illegal by law
As far as discussion goes, members are free to discuss legal issues, such as piracy, but are prohibited from dealing in such issues.
3. Promotion & Advertisements:
Spamming advertisements across the forum is strictly forbidden. The GameOn forum is not a place to try and force your site or product on our community members. Mass-spam is not tolerated, especially from new forum users whose only purpose it is to advertise themselves or their products.
We have a 'Promotion' forum section for community members to pimp out their Twitch channels, Youtube channels, blogs, etc. If you want to promote yourself, you are free to do so, but it should be done via the 'Promotion' forum section, and via a single thread.
Additionally, if you do plan to self-promote, please ensure that you are active in other areas of the forum too. We are a community, and we operate as such. Don't just come here to self-promote and disappear.
To reiterate, if you mass-spam advertisements in other people's threads, your account will be closed.
4. Community Moderators:
The GameOn forum has a number of trusted members who operate under the title of 'Moderator'. These members are peace-keepers and they help to make sure that the community rules are followed.
Their efforts ensure that the forum remains a fun and safe place for all community members. Please respect GameOn's moderators, and please respect their decisions when it comes to the well-being of this community.
If you disagree with the specific actions of a forum moderator, you are welcome to inform a forum administrator. This should be done privately via PM (private message), not publicly. Public displays of condemnation often prove to be disruptive and drama-causing. An administrator will look into the matter and take any appropriate action.
5. Rules & Guidelines for posting:
Rules for posting:
- Don't spam. That goes for image spam too, especially animated GIF spam (they can cause slow-down). Strive to post on-topic material. Idle chit-chat belongs in a chat box, not in a thread.
- Do not derail thread discussions. If you wish to talk about an unrelated topic, start your own thread or use chat.
- If you don't like a certain thread, don't post it in. It's that simple. Posting, just to say that you don't like the thread, is needless and drama-causing.
- If you feel that a thread breaks a community rule, report the thread, don't post in it. Bumping the thread serves no purpose. Let a moderator handle it.
Guidelines for posting:
- Title your threads accurately. Don't be ambiguous with titles. Let people know what they are clicking into.
- Avoid creating duplicate threads. Before you post a thread, do a quick forum search to see if there is already a thread on that particular subject.
- When creating a thread, add some substance to your post. Nobody likes lazy threads with minimal content. Make it a worthwhile thread. Show some passion for what you are posting.
- When you reply to a thread, consider posting more than just a simple response. "Yes", "No", "Nice", "lol" and "I agree" type answers are better accompanied with an explanation for your opinion. We're all for contributing relevant thoughts and ideas.
- Multiple posting (at a poor quality) for the sake of increasing post-counts is strongly discouraged.
6. Additional stuff:
The following rules must also be observed.
• Spam, in all of it's many forms, is frowned upon. Don't do it
• No scamming of any kind. If something seems too good to be true, it will likely be removed
• Do not share your account with anyone. Staff will never ask for your account details
• Do not post the personal information of other people
• Do not clone or mimic another person’s JTV/forum identity
• No theft of another person’s imagery (avatars/signatures)
• No duplicate accounts; one account per person
• No inappropriate or misleading account names
• This is an English speaking community, so please speak in English when using this forum
Forum staff reserve the right to warn, suspend or ban forum users, if the users in question infringe upon the rules set in place. The forum administrator also reserves the right to contact user ISPs in cases of extreme violation. So be good!
Use your head, but most importantly have fun! Welcome to the community!